This privacy notice explains:
- how personal information is going to be used
- what it is used for
- who it might be shared with and why
- how long it is kept.
The information you provide helps us deliver our services effectively.
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) complies with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Reg. No. Z6413427).
We ensure that your personal data is accurate, processed fairly and lawfully, kept secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The legal basis for processing personal data
Processing is necessary:
- in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as Her Majesty's Regulations and Customs (HMRC) Regulations
- to enable us to perform tasks carried out in the public interest.
How we use your personal information
- identify if the meals on wheels customer has any unidentified needs that can be further supported or signposted to any other relevant services
- ensure there is a clear audit trail of customers who are exempt from paying VAT on their meals on wheels service. To do this, the County Council Prevention Assessment Team (PAT) will contact a one in 10 sample of customers identified by the Commissioning Manager and Contracts Officer (Adults), based on a monthly report of new customers supplied by Apetito.
Who we share your information with
We may pass data to HMRC, if requested.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your details for six years, in line with HMRC requirements.