4 Third parties
We use a variety of third party functions and applications to enrich and improve our content. While we try to limit the setting of cookies by these applications where possible, some cookies are unavoidable. Where these third party services are used on the website they may also receive the IP address of the device you are using.
West Sussex County Council does not collect personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not:
- associate any data gathered with any personally identifying information
- link or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Below is an outline of third party functionality used across our websites and how to find out more information.
Citizen Space and Survey Monkey
Twitter and Facebook
Library catalogue (Arena)
- Arena (the library catalogue) use essential cookies which enable features such as wish lists and secure areas. It also uses third party cookies to link to social media services.
- We use a service provided by Booking Bug for some of our appointment booking functionality.
- Some of our pages have audio clips embedded. These are hosted by Soundcloud, which sets a number of cookies.
- We embed an apprenticeships search tool within our site provided by apprenticeships.org.uk. This may set a number of cookies.
Open Street Map
- On some pages we use mapping services provided by Open Street Map.
- Most of our web pages feature buttons to allow you to share the content on social media. Using these buttons will take you to the relevant social media website, which may set cookies.