This privacy notice explains:
- how personal information is going to be used
- what it is used for
- who it might be shared with and why
- how long it is kept.
The information you provide helps us deliver our services effectively.
Personal and special category data
The categories of personal data we are processing are:
- email address
- user generated content
- comments you make about or generate in accessing the app.
Like most apps, we collect some things automatically.
- Device data: which tells us about the device you are using; its type and model, its operating system and version, its unique identifier and what settings you’ve enabled.
- Log data: is automatically recorded by our servers based on the data sent by your app. This typically includes the date and time you visited, the app version used, your IP address and protocol and how you use the app (for example, which links you clicked on).
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) complies with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Reg. No. Z6413427).
We ensure that your personal data is accurate, processed fairly and lawfully, kept secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
The legal basis for processing personal data
We want to continue to strengthen the ways in which we communicate with you and increase staff engagement across WSCC.
Personal data is processed for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by WSCC, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject.
How we use your personal information
- provide, improve and continue to develop a useful app
- provide you with account management functionality, such as password reset
- provide notifications to you about things you wanted to be kept up to date on
- deal with any request you make or content you submit
- get in touch if we need to tell you about something, like a change to our policies or app issues
- diagnose and resolve problems, analyse trends and monitor usage and resourcing
- improve our content and your experience by monitoring your use of the app and working to continually improve the app, its content and effectiveness.
Who we share your information with
We share information with our service provider, in this case the third-party developer of the app, for legal reasons.
We may pass data to internal departments for research, development and analysis purposes to see how different people are using the app and check we are making something for everyone.
We will not share data with third parties for marketing purposes.
If your data needs to be transferred we will make sure that an adequate level of protection is in place.
How long we keep your personal data
Personal data will not be retained for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected. When you leave the organisation, access will be removed and your personal data will be removed at the next available data update. We usually do this on a monthly cycle.