This privacy notice explains:
- how personal information is going to be used
- what it is used for
- who it might be shared with and why
- how long it is kept.
The information you provide helps us deliver our services effectively.
West Sussex County Council (WSCC) complies with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is registered as a ‘Data Controller’ with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Reg. No. Z6413427).
We ensure that your personal data is processed fairly and lawfully, accurate, kept secure and retained for no longer than is necessary.
Information collected by us
The non-sensitive information requested is:
- information in the public domain
- company/university information, such as address, contact details including phone number and email address
- enquiry details, such as whether the search is for commercial purposes or research
- location of the search.
The sensitive information requested is:
- personal information, such as name, address, contact details including phone number and email address
- online payment information, should this apply - details are provided through a secure website.
How we use your personal information
- contact you should there be a problem or question with your search request
- contact you with regard to payment details
- send your search request results to you.
Who we share your information with
The information you provide will not be passed onto, or shared with, anyone outside of the Historic Environment Record (HER) Team.
The one exception to this is law enforcement, if required by applicable law.
Your personal information will not be included within an HER record.
- Should you submit information to be recorded within the West Sussex HER, a source record will be created with no personal information within it, and would be sent to you for verification and agreement before being made public on the HER.
- Should you submit information on behalf of a company or society, then the company/society’s details will be included.
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep a record of the information you provide for seven years in accordance with West Sussex Planning Policy unless:
- you request that your personal information is not held beyond the timescale/duration of the search (maximum 10 working days)
- at a later date, you ask us to remove your personal data.
To request your personal information be removed at any time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.