Report a problem with a road or pavement

Report and track issues with potholes, flooding, overgrown vegetation, street lighting and damaged pavements.

1 Report problems online

Report faults or problems with roads, pavements and verges online using our Love West Sussex website. 

If you would like to receive updates on your report, you will need to register for an account.

Report a problem online using Love West Sussex (external link)

You can report problems such as:

  • potholes
  • overgrown trees and vegetation
  • road flooding
  • damaged pavements
  • non-illuminated bollards.

Be aware that we do not monitor online reports at weekends or during bank holidays.

2 Problems on the A27, A23 or M23

3 Street lights and traffic lights

Problems with street lights or traffic lights should be reported to our contractors:

4 Rights of way

To report problems with West Sussex Public Rights of Way (such as footpaths and bridleways), use our feedback form.

5 Emergencies

Phone 01243 642105 at any time to report emergency issues such as:

  • dangerous potholes
  • fallen trees blocking a road or pavement
  • any other obstruction or spillage blocking a road or pavement
  • drain/inspection covers that are missing.

Don't report emergencies online as we do not monitor reports at weekends or during bank holidays.

6 Other enquiries

Use our online form to request information or raise a general enquiry.

Send an enquiry

Other requests

7 View and track online reports

You can track reports made online using Love West Sussex:

Last updated:
3 April 2019

Share this

Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.