Apply to work on the highway

Apply to use a portable traffic signal on a public road in West Sussex.

  • This form will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
  • Please allow yourself enough time to complete this form in one session as there is not an option to save and come back to it later.
  • The questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and require an answer. You do not have to answer all of the other questions, but it would help us if you do.
  • We may charge a fee for multiphase portable traffic signals, or for turning off existing signal-controlled junctions or pedestrian crossings while they are being used.

Your data privacy

Before completing this form please read our general Privacy Policy (opens in a new window).

This explains why we ask for your data, what we do with it and how long we will keep it. It also explains how you can find out what data we hold about you and how you can ask us to delete it.

Applicant details

Enter your first name.
Enter your last name.
Enter an email address where we can write to you.
Enter a daytime phone number that we can ring you on. This can be a mobile or land line number.

Site details

Enter the PSI reference. This is for development works only.
Enter the site location.
Enter the street name.
Enter the town or city.
Enter the Eastings and Northings for the site location.

Works details

Enter a description of the works being carried out.
Enter a start date for the work following the format dd/mm/yyyy, for example 01/01/2016.
Enter an end date for the work following the format dd/mm/yyyy, for example 01/01/2016.
Select the type of traffic management for the works.

Public and emergency contact details

Enter a contact name in an emergency.
Enter an emergency 24-hour phone number.
Enter a contact name for public queries.
Enter a phone number to be provided to the public for queries.

Submitting your form

Click the submit button only once.

Please be patient as it will take a few moments to process your form and redirect you to our confirmation page.


Share this

Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.