Street trading licence

Request a permit to trade on the street.

Contact the local district or borough council to request a permit for all street trading activities. These include trading from hot food vehicles, ice cream vans and flower stalls.

Food businesses may be subject to inspection at any time. Permission to site a mobile stall will be required from the highways department or the landowner if the site is not on the public highway. Consideration will only be given to requests located within 'consent streets' on the highway and which are administered by your local district or borough council.

Use the search field below to be directed to the relevant local district of borough council.

Last updated:
22 September 2023
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.