Automated decisions take place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention.
These types of decisions are used to improve services and can affect the services we may offer you now or in the future.
Where automated decisions are used
We may use automated decisions:
- where we have notified you of the decision and given you 21 days to request a reconsideration
- where it is necessary to perform the contract with you and appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights
- in limited circumstances, with your explicit consent and where appropriate measures are in place to safeguard your rights.
We will only make an automated decision based on your sensitive personal information if we have your explicit written consent, unless:
- it can be justified as being in the public interest
- we have in place appropriate measures to safeguard your rights.
To assist us in planning and targeting services we look at the needs of our customers as a whole, and by understanding as much about them as possible in terms of their demographics, such as age, gender, disabilities and lifestyle.
We do not use this information to make decisions about access to services in any individual case.