1 How to apply for a permit
The relevant district/borough council administers each Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) on behalf of the County Council. You need to contact your local district or borough council parking office to apply for the following:
- On-street parking permit - for roads within CPZs, available for residents, non-residents, visitors and other users such as healthcare workers.
- Dispensation notice - typically used by trades people, this is a notice that can be displayed on your dashboard, clearly stating the address you are working at. It is most often used when it is not possible to display a Visitor's parking permit, for example, if the property you are working at is vacant.
- Parking bay suspension - for a specific parking space to be suspended temporarily for a variety of reasons, such as building work, removals, special events, and traffic movement and safety.
Please be aware that in some areas, such as Worthing, the permits will be digital, so there will be no need to display anything in your vehicle.
Further information and contact details
2 Types of permits and permitted parking
Permits, notices and suspensions include:
- residents' permits
- residents' visitors' permits
- non-residents' permits
- healthcare permits
- residents' carer permits
- traders' permits
- dispensation notices
- lost, damaged or stolen permits
- parking bay suspensions
- parking for weddings and funerals.
3 On-street parking permit charges
The current charges for on-street parking permits can be found in the document below. Please note that charges may be periodically reviewed.