Report issues with on-street parking

How to report parking enforcement issues and problems with parking signs and lines in West Sussex.

West Sussex County Council (WSCC) has introduced Civil Parking Enforcement (CPE) across West Sussex and has entered into operational agreements with each of the district and borough councils, enabling them to manage many aspects of on-street parking on behalf of WSCC.

To report an issue with on-street parking, including parking enforcement matters or problems with parking signs and lines (see examples below), please use the location search box at the bottom of this page to contact the relevant district or borough council parking service.

Parking lines typically include:

  • double yellow lines
  • single yellow lines
  • school keep clear markings
  • no waiting/loading ‘kerb blips’
  • parking/disabled/loading bay markings
  • any associated lettering
  • bus stop cages
  • taxi ranks.

Parking signs will be located adjacent to these types of lines.

You can only request parking enforcement on the public highway and where there are existing signs and lines. If you would like new signs and lines introduced in your area, so that enforcement can take place in the future, please see Apply for a permanent TRO.

Please note, if you would like to report a problem with other types of lines such as white carriageway centre markings or junction markings, please see our Faded lines or damaged signs page.

Find information on vehicles parked dangerously or causing an obstruction.

Last updated:
31 May 2024
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.