1 Health promotion resources
We aim to support the work of health promoters across West Sussex by providing resources such as teaching packs, DVDs, games, models and displays, as well as leaflets and posters on health promotion topics. We can also provide advice and guidance on appropriate materials and signpost to sources of information for national and local campaigns and local services.
Our materials are suitable for use by professionals working with a wide range of client groups, from antenatal, through pre-school and school years, to adults of all ages and people with special needs.
Anyone involved in promoting health who lives or works in West Sussex can use our resources, including:
- health professionals
- students on health professional qualification courses
- children and family centre workers
- volunteers with health promotion as part of their role
- youth workers.
Our resources cover a broad range of health promotion issues. Use the documents below to search for available resources.
- Searchable spreadsheet of resources (Excel, 398KB)
- Guidance for using the spreadsheet filters (PDF, 56KB)
How to order
Use the online forms below to order resources.
2 Patient Group Directions
Patient Group Directions (PGDs) are written instructions for the supply or administration of medicines to groups of patients who may not be individually identified before treatment.
PGDs must only be used by specified registered health professionals. The current West Sussex County Council PGDs are for use by accredited community pharmacists only.
West Sussex County Council PGDs
- WSCC process for the development, approval and implementation of Patient Group Directions (PDF, 602KB)
- MPG2 Patient Group Directions: competency framework for health professionals using Patient Group Directions
- Patient Group Directions NICE guidelines (MPG2)
3 Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
Since 1 April 2013, every Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) in England has had a statutory responsibility to publish and keep up to date a statement of the needs for pharmaceutical services of the population in its area. This is referred to as a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA).
- looks at the current provision of pharmaceutical services across West Sussex
- decides whether this meets the current and future needs of the population
- identifies any potential gaps to service delivery.
The PNA is a key document which is used by:
- NHS England to inform decisions about applications for new, or changes to existing, pharmaceutical service and the commissioning of NHS-funded services that can be provided by local community pharmacies
- local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups when commissioning services to meet local health needs and priorities.
Consultation: Have Your Say about the West Sussex draft PNA
The West Sussex draft PNA has been published (see below) and you are invited to read and give your feedback on it.
Feedback will be considered for the final PNA, prior to its publication in February 2018. All responses are confidential and no personal identifiable information will be used in the report.
The draft PNA consultation will be available from Friday 1 September 2017 until Sunday 5 November 2017.
If you have any queries or wish to request a free of charge paper copy of the draft PNA, please contact us.
- West Sussex draft PNA 2018: Full report (PDF, 5.3MB)
- West Sussex draft PNA 2018: Appendices (PDF, 3.3MB)
- West Sussex PNA review process 2017/18 (PDF, 70KB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Executive summary (PDF, 540KB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Full report (PDF, 4.6MB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Appendices (PDF, 3.3MB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Supplementary statement - April 2016 (PDF, 553KB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Supplementary statement - March 2015 (PDF, 66KB)