1 Health promotion resources
We aim to support the work of health promoters across West Sussex by providing resources such as teaching packs, DVDs, games, models and displays, as well as leaflets and posters on health promotion topics. We can also provide advice and guidance on appropriate materials and signpost to sources of information for national and local campaigns and local services.
Our materials are suitable for use by professionals working with a wide range of client groups, from antenatal, through pre-school and school years, to adults of all ages and people with special needs.
Anyone involved in promoting health who lives or works in West Sussex can use our resources, including:
- health professionals
- students on health professional qualification courses
- children and family centre workers
- volunteers with health promotion as part of their role
- youth workers.
Our resources cover a broad range of health promotion issues. Use the documents below to search for available resources.
- Searchable spreadsheet of resources (Excel, 399KB)
- Guidance for using the spreadsheet filters (PDF, 56KB)
How to order
Use the online forms below to order resources.
2 Patient Group Directions
Patient Group Directions (PGDs) are written instructions for the supply or administration of medicines to groups of patients who may not be individually identified before treatment.
PGDs must only be used by specified registered health professionals. The current West Sussex County Council PGDs are for use by accredited community pharmacists only.
West Sussex County Council PGDs
- WSCC process for the development, approval and implementation of Patient Group Directions (PDF, 602KB)
- MPG2 Patient Group Directions: competency framework for health professionals using Patient Group Directions
- Patient Group Directions NICE guidelines (MPG2)
3 Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
Since 1 April 2013, every Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) in England has had a statutory responsibility to publish and keep up to date a statement of the needs for pharmaceutical services of the population in its area. This is referred to as a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA).
- looks at the current provision of pharmaceutical services across West Sussex
- decides whether this meets the current and future needs of the population
- identifies any potential gaps to service delivery.
The PNA is a key document which is used by:
- NHS England to inform decisions about applications for new, or changes to existing, pharmaceutical service and the commissioning of NHS-funded services that can be provided by local community pharmacies
- local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups when commissioning services to meet local health needs and priorities.
Have Your Say about pharmaceutical services in West Sussex
The County Council was conducting surveys to better understand local views on pharmaceutical services across West Sussex.
The surveys are now closed and we thank you for taking part.
The findings from the surveys will be used to inform the PNA. There will also be an opportunity to comment on the draft PNA during the consultation period in the near future, so please keep checking this page for updates.
Revising the West Sussex PNA
The NHS (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013 requires every HWB to publish a revised PNA at least every three years.
The West Sussex HWB published its first PNA in February 2015 and is now in the process of revising it in accordance with the requirements set out in regulations 3-9, and Schedule 1 of the regulations.
The revised PNA will be published in February 2018.
- West Sussex PNA review process 2017/18 (PDF, 70KB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Executive summary (PDF, 540KB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Full report (PDF, 4.6MB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Appendices (PDF, 3.3MB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Supplementary statement - April 2016 (PDF, 553KB)
- West Sussex PNA 2015: Supplementary statement - March 2015 (PDF, 66KB)