1 Health promotion resources
We aim to support the work of health promoters across West Sussex by providing resources such as teaching packs, games, models and displays, as well as leaflets and posters on health promotion topics. We can also provide advice and guidance on appropriate materials and signpost to sources of information for national and local campaigns and local services.
Our materials are suitable for use by professionals working with a wide range of client groups, from antenatal, through pre-school and school years, to adults of all ages and people with special needs.
Anyone involved in promoting health who lives or works in West Sussex can use our resources, including:
- health professionals
- students on health professional qualification courses
- children and family centre workers
- volunteers with health promotion as part of their role
- youth workers.
Our resources cover a broad range of health promotion issues. Use the documents below to search for available resources.
- Searchable spreadsheet of resources (Excel, 135KB)
- Guidance for using the spreadsheet filters (PDF, 56KB)
How to order
Use the online forms below to order resources.
2 Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
What is the PNA?
Since April 2013, every Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) in England has had a statutory responsibility to publish and keep up to date a statement of the needs for pharmaceutical services of the population in its area. This is referred to as a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA).
- looks at the current provision of pharmaceutical services across West Sussex
- decides whether this meets the current and future needs of the population
- identifies any potential gaps to service delivery.
The PNA is a key document which is used by:
- NHS England and improvement to inform decisions about applications for new, or changes to existing, pharmaceutical service and the commissioning of NHS-funded services that can be provided by local community pharmacies
- local authorities and Clinical Commissioning Groups when commissioning services to meet local health needs and priorities.
3 Healthy places framework
West Sussex County Council holds a responsibility for delivering positive health and wellbeing outcomes for its residents.
This Framework provides public health guidance to decision makers on creating healthy and sustainable places in West Sussex.