Last updated:
12 February 2018

Share this

Adult social care assessments

Refer an adult for an assessment of their social care needs.

Under the 2014 Care Act we have a duty to carry out an assessment of anyone who appears to require care and support, regardless of their likely eligibility for state funded care.

When Adults’ Social Care staff work with any individual they will consider their wellbeing, the prevention, reduction and delaying of needs arising. They will then provide relevant advice and information to the person.

If you are a professional working for one of West Sussex County Council's partner organisations, and you want to refer an adult for an assessment (other than for specialist learning disability or integrated mental health services), complete our online form.  

Online adults' initial referral form

Further information and practice instructions are available on West Sussex Connect to Support

If you are a friend, relative or carer of an adult, and you think they would benefit from having their social care needs assessed, you can contact us.


Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know how we're doing. We're constantly trying to improve this website. Your feedback is very important to us. You can simply add a star rating to indicate how useful you found this page. If you have more specific feedback use the form below.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.