You will need to return a badge if:
- the badge has expired
- the badge holder dies
- your medical condition or mobility improves and you are no longer eligible
- a replacement badge has been issued for one that is lost or stolen and the original one is recovered (then the original badge must be returned)
- the badge is no longer required and will not be used
- the badge is damaged or faded
- you have misused it
- you obtained it dishonestly
- you have tried to let another person use it.
If you continue to display the badge when you no longer need it you may be fined up to £1,000.