Fire service information, including recruitment, safety advice and training courses.

Buildings and alterations advice

Advice when carrying out any alterations to your premises.

What are my responsibilities?

If you want to carry out any alterations to your premises, you may need to obtain planning permission and building regulation approval first.

We cannot give you advice before this process has happened, as there may be additional constraints to your premises that we do not hold information on. Your fire risk assessor may be able to advise you.

The local building control or approved inspector will then carry out a formal consultation with the fire service and, at this point, we will make our comments.

Contacts to your local licensing authority and building control body are available below:

Where can I find out more?

The GOV.UK website provides further building regulations information. It includes fire safety regulations specifically for fire safety planning and development via Approved document B.

If you need a licence for your premises visit our licensed premises page.

Last updated:
28 January 2022
Share this