Are you a young person? Then this site is for you!
Last updated:
23 October 2017


Find help and support if you have a disability.

If you have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) you can find local services that offer help, support and advice from West Sussex Local Offer.

Find local help and support on the West Sussex Local Offer website (external link)

You will be able to access:

  • information, advice and support
  • local services for young people with SEND
  • a range of events throughout West Sussex
  • the latest SEND updates.

You can also search for other organisations that may be able to help. 

Find an organisation that can help

If you have speech or communication difficulties, registering for a Pegasus card with Sussex Police can help you in an emergency. As your name and details will already be held, you can quickly get on with telling them why you called. You can also show your card to a police officer, member of police staff or other emergency services staff should you require assistance in person.

If you want to find more information about health, wellbeing and disability there is lots of information on NHS Choices. It includes some of the most common disabilities (listed below), including information on symptoms, causes, diagnosis and treatment.


Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know how we're doing. We're constantly trying to improve this website. Your feedback is very important to us. You can simply add a star rating to indicate how useful you found this page. If you have more specific feedback use the form below.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.