School places outside of West Sussex

How to apply for a school place outside of West Sussex.

Starting school (Reception), junior and secondary transfer

You must apply through us if you live in West Sussex and want to apply for a place at a school in another county.

We will inform the appropriate local authority about your application and notify you of the outcome.

To express a preference for a school in another area on your online application, you must first select the responsible local authority in order to access a list of their schools. Every effort is made to keep the lists for neighbouring authorities up to date. If the school you would like to apply for is not available to select, contact the Pupil Admissions Team to have it added. 

If your preferences are due to a house move, contact the relevant local authority to confirm the deadlines they have for receiving confirmation of your move, and how they will prioritise your application while your move progresses.

Moving school within the school year

You should contact the local authority directly if you wish to make an application to an established year group in another area.

You can find out who the local authority will be on GOV.UK

Last updated:
24 June 2024
Share this
Share this

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.