If you are interested in providing Free Entitlement for 2, 3 and 4 year olds read the provider declaration below. It outlines the conditions providers must comply with to receive funding.
From the summer term 2017, the level of funding for 2 year olds is £5.10 an hour and for 3 and 4 year olds £4.42 an hour. This is not a subsidy towards your fees as the entitlement is for a free place.
Some settings may also be eligible for:
- deprivation supplements, automatically applied based on the child’s postcode
- Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) (PDF, 84KB) which you can claim as part of your Free Entitlement claim
- Disability Access Fund (DAF) for eligible 3 and 4 year olds (PDF, 261KB) - a one-off payment which you can claim as part of your Free Entitlement claim.
Find out about general scheme administration and how to claim:
2 Apply to join the scheme
To apply to join the scheme, contact us and one of our team will answer any queries you may have and support you in your application.
3 Additional scheme documents
- Free Entitlement leaflet (PDF, 824KB)
- Parent declaration form (PDF, 721KB)
- Privacy notice for parents (PDF, 59KB)
- Post-headcount/Exceptional payment request form (Word, 106KB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 128KB)
- Free Entitlement for 2 year olds - information for providers (PDF, 56KB)
- Case studies (PDF, 182KB)
- Invoicing guidance for childcare businesses (National Day Nurseries Association) (PDF, 38KB)
- Free Entitlement leaflet: Bengali translation (PDF, 733KB)
- Free Entitlement leaflet: Polish translation (PDF, 462KB)
- Free Entitlement leaflet: Russian translation (PDF, 393KB)
- Free Entitlement leaflet: Spanish translation (PDF, 453KB)
- Free Entitlement leaflet: Urdu translation (PDF, 731KB)
- Free entitlement leaflet: Plain text version (PDF, 53KB)