1 How we can provide support
Support for parents, carers and professionals is provided through:
- information, advice and guidance from the Family Information Service (FIS)
- information about local services, support and events for children and young people aged 0-25 years with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)
- parenting support programmes, either 1-1, in a group
- Early Help Plans
- hub-level single point of access for families, providing phone or email information, advice and guidance by professionals
- support for families who are defined as ‘intentionally homeless’ by district and borough councils. Work is undertaken by the Intentionally Homeless and Accommodation teams to work with the whole family to secure accommodation.
2 Help with work
Early Help will often help people return to work or start a career.
Employment advisors provide both support and consultation to keyworkers in West Sussex when a family with an Early Help Plan has been identified as requiring support with employment.
MyWorkSearch online toolkit
MyWorkSearch is an online toolkit that helps job seekers find opportunities. It provides:
- a job finder
- a CV builder
- interview tips
- 24/7 support.
MyWorkSearch is available free to all library members. Job seekers will need to sign up for an account at their local library, after which it can be accessed from any computer, smartphone or tablet.
- Entitledto - benefits calculator
- Exploring readiness for work (Excel, 80KB)
- Moving off benefits for couples (PDF, 94KB)
- Moving off benefits for lone parents (PDF, 95KB)
- Ready for work evaluation (Excel, 65KB)
- TFEA keyworker support offer (PDF, 89KB)
- Turn2us - benefits calculator
- Universal Credit (GOV.UK)
3 Help with money worries
Often some of the most significant barriers to work are money worries and debts that families may have.
The Think Family Money Management Outreach Worker (MMOW) service can provide both support and consultation to keyworkers and lead professionals, helping families with these barriers.
- Exploring money worries - Distance travelled tool (Excel, 69KB)
- Financial exclusion evaluation tool (Word, 73KB)
- Money Management Outreach offer 2018 (PDF, 52KB)
- Referral form (Word, 57KB)
4 Help with health and wellbeing
GPs can access help and support for children and young people by making a direct referral. Please use the relevant form provided on the section linked below.Information for GPs