The Pause programme works with women who have experienced, or are at risk of, repeat removals of children from their care. It aims to break this cycle and give women the opportunity to develop new skills and responses that can help them create a more positive future.
Pause aims to:
- prevent children being born into adverse circumstances, which would mean they would most likely enter the care system
- support women to break out of the destructive cycle of repeat pregnancy and removal by addressing their underlying needs.
Pause West Sussex works with women who:
- are residents of West Sussex
- have had more than one child removed from their care, with at least one of those within the last three years
- do not currently have children in their care
- are aged 18-40.
Please note that this is a small programme of work so it is not possible to offer a service to all women who meet the criteria. Pause aims to prioritise women with the greatest need for support.
Make a referral
Professionals may refer women by completing the referral form below. Submit the form by email to the address shown on the form.Referral form (Word, 174KB)