If a pothole is an immediate risk to public safety, phone 01243 642105. You can report an emergency 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Further information on reporting an emergency can be found on Report an emergency with a road or pavement.
To help us respond quickly, please provide as much detail as you can about:
- the size of the pothole (width and depth)
- its exact location (such as road name, a nearby house number or landmark, its position in the carriageway or a nearby junction).
Which potholes do we repair?
- We do not repair potholes less than 40mm deep on any road, but we will review them at our next inspection.
- We repair potholes between 40mm and 100mm deep and 150mm wide on all roads within 28 days.
- We repair potholes greater than 100mm deep and 150mm wide on all roads within 5 working days.
Potholes on the A23, A27, M23
You should report potholes on trunk roads A23, A27 and M23 to National Highways.