1 Maintenance and enforcement of road signs
Our routine maintenance plan covers:
- checking electrical safety
- checking signs are visible at night.
Signs on trunk roads and motorways (A27, A23 and M23) are the responsibility of Highways England.
District and borough councils are responsible for some signs, such as road name signs, bylaw notices and enforcement. Contact them on using the following information:
- Contact details for district and borough councils
- For Worthing and Adur contact Worthing Parking Shop:
- Phone: 0845 680 0189 - calls cost 4 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.
- Address: Parking shop, 52 Chapel Road, Worthing, BN11 1BE
2 Report a problem with markings or signs
Report problems with illuminated signs or bollards to our contractor, SSE Contracting.
For issues with road markings or other signage:
- Report online
- Phone: 01243 642105.
3 Request new road markings
Requests for road markings such as yellow lines require a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO). We receive numerous requests for TROs so we have to prioritise them based on a number of criteria, including safety, pollution and congestion.
If you would like us to consider adding yellow lines please apply for a new Traffic Regulation Order.