Faults should be reported to SSE Contracting, who maintain our street lights, illuminated signs and bollards.
Phone SSE Contracting direct on: 0800 048 2435 for emergencies or dangerous defects.
When you report a fault, it helps if you can:
- provide the identification number on the post if one is available
- say whether it is a street light, sign or bollard you are reporting
- provide the number of the nearest house or another form of landmark.
Lighting on the major trunk roads in West Sussex (A27, M23 and A23) is the responsibility of Highways England and any faults on these roads should be reported directly to them.
Standards of service
SSE Contracting aim to attend to faulty lights, signs and bollards within 3 working days. Repairs are made during this time, unless the problem rests with a utility company's cable or spare parts are needed.
- All lights are checked at least once a month.
- There is a regular programme of inspection and cleaning.
- Each fault is given a unique reference number for monitoring purposes.