Whether you are an individual looking to become more engaged in your local area, a community group just starting out or a voluntary organisation seeking specialist support, the Partnerships and Communities Team can help.
The team consists of six district and borough Locality Leads and Partnership Officers, three Principal Theme Leads, a Senior Voluntary Sector Officer and a Community Solutions Officer.
Combined, we can:
- provide guidance, advice and support around a range of topics
- put you in touch with existing groups and networks, including the local Council for Voluntary Services
- support you to access the West Sussex funding work streams, such as West Sussex Crowd and further funding streams
- provide specialist advice and support to voluntary and community organisations whose activities are preventative, public health and/or social care-focused.
2 Specialist support and help
Your local Council for Voluntary Services (CVS) specialises in supporting voluntary and community groups. They can also help you answer any questions you may have, as well as providing training and practical help, such as finding funding or complying with legislation. We recognise the added value working in partnership and collaboration by adopting the partnership principles.
The CVSs work closely with the County Council and can be contacted through the links below:
- Community Works - covering Adur and Worthing
- Crawley Community and Voluntary Service (CCVS)
- Horsham Voluntary Sector Support (VSS)
- Mid Sussex Voluntary Action (MSVA)
- Sussex Clubs for Young People
- Voluntary Action Arun and Chichester (VAAC)
The Partnerships and Communities Team work closely with their District and Borough colleagues.
3 Campaigns and events
A Health and Wellbeing Market Place event took place on 14 March 2019. Look out for the date of the next event in October 2020!
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find information about our Community Volunteer Team and the type of work we undertake.