We are leading members of Your Energy Sussex, a local council partnership with Carillion that is helping residents and small and medium-sized businesses to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy costs.
The partnership is working to:
- help residents create warmer, healthier homes and reduce carbon emissions (there are more than 680,000 homes across the county)
- boost the local economy by creating work for local businesses
- create opportunities for the local workforce, including work placements, apprenticeships and skills development
- help vulnerable residents and those at risk of struggling to pay their fuel bills.
Your Energy Sussex is working on an EU-funded project to help business parks reduce their carbon emissions and energy costs by adopting sustainable energy technology.
Help and advice to stay warm and cut your energy bills
- Contact your local district or borough council in West Sussex or East Sussex.
- Energy Saving Advice Service - independent advice on saving energy in your home from the Energy Saving Trust on 0300 123 1234.
- Keep Warm, Keep Well - a leaflet providing comprehensive advice on staying warm and well in cold weather.
- Citizens Advice Bureau - free, impartial and confidential advice on a range of issues in West Sussex.
The following questions and answers may help you and your family meet your energy costs and stay well and warm in your home.