The West Sussex-led partnership between local councils and Carillion is working to:
- help residents to create warmer, healthier homes and reduce carbon emissions (there are more than 680,000 homes across the county)
- boost the local economy by creating work for local businesses
- create opportunities for the local workforce, including work placements, apprenticeships and skills development
- help vulnerable residents and those at risk of struggling to pay their fuel bills.
We’ll be launching a council-approved energy saving service for residents in early 2015. If you are interested in this service, you can pre-register by completing our registration of interest form. We'll keep you up to date as the scheme develops.
Help for households in need
Elderly and vulnerable residents and those on certain benefits can get help to install a new boiler and insulation to get their homes ready for the winter.
The offer is open to low-income residents and vulnerable households receiving means-tested benefits, including homeowners and tenants in privately rented accommodation. The scheme excludes social housing tenants.
To find out whether you or someone you know qualifies for help, download the eligibility criteria.
You can also contact our approved installer, C Mitten Plumbing and Heating, to find out whether you qualify.
- Online form
- Phone: 01273 724486 or 0800 5999 089
Please remember that:
- the level of funding depends on a home energy assessment and may not meet the full cost
- top-up grants may be available.
If you are finding it hard to pay your energy bills or stay warm, the West Sussex Affordable Energy website is also a good place to look for advice, including information about other grants or payments you may be entitled to.
Work with us
Your Energy Sussex is developing a supply chain of Sussex-based small and medium-sized businesses to deliver energy saving work, either as assessors or accredited installers.
If you are a local business interested in working with us, you can register your interest through our online form:
Please note that registration is not a guarantee of future work.
If you want to carry out assessments or install energy-saving improvements for Green Deal customers, you can find out more about becoming a Green Deal business on GOV.UK.