The pay scales for Grades 9-11 include an annual market supplement:
- Newly Qualified Social Worker (Grade 9) - £29,597
- Social Worker (Grade 9) - £29,597 to £32,932
- Social Worker (Grade 10) - £33,470 to £37,551
- Social Worker (Grade 11) - £38,809 to £42,965
- Advanced Practitioner (Grade 12) - £39,782 to £42,683
- Practice Manager - HAY A - £46,084 to £49,367
- Group Manager - HAY B - £50,379 to £53,356
Recruitment and Retention Scheme
When you join West Sussex County Council, we will offer you the chance to sign up for a lump sum payment of 20% of your annual basic salary, paid with your first month’s salary. This payment is based on your commitment to staying with us for a minimum period of 18 months.
As part of this scheme, we also currently offer an interest-free loan of up to £10,000 and free parking.
- annual leave of between 26-29 days
- flexible working opportunities
- excellent opportunities for learning and development
- access to research communities, including Research in Practice
- Social Work England fees paid for all social workers earning up to Grade 11
- an excellent local government pension scheme, staff discounts and support for you and your family
- career breaks
- career progression
- a brilliant place to live and work
- a diverse and inclusive workforce
- an Employee Assistance Programme offering 24/7 support for a range of things, including mental wellbeing.
The support is second to none!