Career progression and development
How we can help you develop and progress your career.
"I was welcomed and had a really good induction and training. When I get stuck there is always someone there."
Professional development and training
We have a comprehensive social worker learning and development pathway which outlines essential and recommended learning. The pathway is designed to support your continuing professional development at all stages in your career and is aligned to the Professional Capabilities Framework.
We also have a newly created management academy, which has learning available for aspiring managers.
All members of staff benefit from learning and development that relates to our core practice framework.
We also have:
- a range of workplace learning opportunities, such as shadowing, coaching, peer learning and supervision
- access to Research in Practice and Community Care Inform
- apprenticeships for staff
- a wide range of additional learning and development events
- Local Safeguarding Children Partnership learning and development opportunities and resources
- support for continued professional development and excellent links with the University of Chichester.
Routes into social work
From starting your social work career to supporting your return after an extended break, we’re proud to offer a number of routes to employment within children’s social care.Find out about routes into social work
Ready to join us?
Find a vacancy and apply now!See current jobs