These operate in a similar way to book libraries; you can borrow from a large selection of toys and resources to support your child’s developing needs and interests.
Toy libraries give children the chance to experience a wider range of toys than you might want to buy or have within your own home.
Our toys can be accessed by children of all abilities. There are toys aimed at children under the age of 5 and sensory toys or equipment for children and young people aged 0-19 with disabilities.
Themed play packs, story sacks and outdoor play equipment are also available.
How to borrow toys
- Register at a family hub or your local library.
- There is a one-off joining fee of £2.00 for parents or carers and £5.00 for settings, childminders and professionals. There are no additional charges.
- Any family, childcare setting or professional working with children in West Sussex can borrow toys.
- Parents or carers can borrow toys for up to 3 weeks. Childcare settings and professionals can borrow toys for up to 6 weeks.
Sensory resources and toys
Some of our toy libraries also stock a wider range of wonderful sensory toys and resources, including:
- bubble tubes
- music mats
- colour changing touch boards
- activity centres
- puppet sets
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- fibre optic lights.
Find out about sensory toys at the following family hubs:
- Bognor Regis
- Durrington (Worthing)
- Worthing East family hub (Lyndhurst Road)
- Adur East family hub (Shoreham).
If you can’t get along to one of these centres, talk to the staff at your local centre. They will be able to advise on how to get the toys to you.
Find out more
- Ask at your local family hub or library
- Search the Family Information Service website
- Find us on Facebook
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01243 777807