Each school has a set of rules, often called an over-subscription policy or admissions criteria. If a school is over-subscribed it will use these rules when allocating places.
West Sussex community and voluntary controlled schools
The West Sussex over-subscription policy is the criteria that applies to the majority of community and voluntary controlled schools in the county.
The policy and scheme can be found in the documents below:
- Admission arrangements in West Sussex 2021 (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Published admissions numbers 2021 (PDF, 128KB)
There are some community and controlled schools where the criteria are different, which are given in the document. They are:
- Brook Infant School and Maidenbower Infant School
- Castlewood Primary School, Horsham
- Rose Green Infant School, Bognor Regis
- Shoreham Beach Primary School
- Horsham community designated area:
- Tanbridge House School
- The Forest School
- Millais School (girls)
- Davison CofE (controlled) High School for Girls, Worthing.
Academies, foundation and voluntary aided schools
The admission authority for the school is responsible for determining the admission policy for academies, foundation and voluntary aided schools.
The over-subscription policies and where applicable, a supplementary information form and priest or church form are available on each school website. Alternatively, they can be accessed in the information for parents booklets and appendices linked below.
- Information for parents booklet - Starting school (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Information for parents booklet - Appendix 1 North area (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Information for parents booklet - Appendix 1 South area (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Information for parents booklet - Junior school (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Information for parents booklet - Secondary school (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Information for parents booklet - Appendix 1 (PDF, 2.7MB)
You must complete an online application naming the school, as well as the school’s own form, or your application cannot be considered.