The Met Office has issued a cold weather alert at level 3 (cold weather action).
There is a 90% probability of severe cold weather between 9.00am on Thursday 19 January and 9.00am on Tuesday 24 January 2017.
You can find more information about the weather alert on the Met Office website.
Useful information about coping with cold weather can be found on the NHS website.
The impacts of the cold weather are worse for the young, elderly and those with pre-existing medical conditions and we encourage you to consider those in these categories.
If you know or look after someone who may be susceptible to the effects of this cold weather period, please help make sure that they stay warm and well.
- Stay tuned in to weather forecasts.
- Check and maintain daytime room temperatures of 21C.
- Check bedroom night time temperatures and maintain it at 18C or warmer.
- Keep warm and active and if you have to go out, dress warmly and wear non slip shoes.
- If you are concerned about your own health or welfare, or that of others, please alert the emergency services.
Other information can be found at: