High winds, gales and storms
Information on preparing for high winds and storms available from the Met Office.
Advise on driving in adverse weather
- Avoid driving in adverse weather conditions where possible.
- If you have to drive in adverse weather, tell someone where you are going, check the route before you set off and take a fully charged mobile phone with you.
- If you come across floodwater and have to stop, do not take a chance by trying to drive through it. Find an alternative route.
- If you become stranded in floodwater, stay in your vehicle unless there is a danger to life. In an emergency, call 999.
- Ensure you have your car insurance details in your glovebox and saved on your mobile phone.
- Be aware of hidden dangers in floodwater such as ditches and open manhole covers.
12 February 2024