1 How to join
The Buy With Confidence (BWC) scheme is open to any business with premises within the area covered by West Sussex County Council.Apply online to join the BWC scheme: (external link)
Hampshire Trading Standards administers the Buy with Confidence on behalf of several local authorities in the South East, including West Sussex Trading Standards.
If you would like to discuss possible membership with a member of the administration team, phone 01962 833620 and ask to speak with the Buy with Confidence Team.
2 Annual membership fees
There is a one-off application fee to join the scheme, and then annual membership fees, which vary depending on the size of your business.
Current fees are available on the Buy With Confidence website.
3 Other costs
Applicants (and any employees who work in customers' homes) will also have to pay for a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This currently costs £23.00.
Further information can be found on the Buy With Confidence website.
4 Benefits for businesses
- A public profile on the Buy With Confidence website.
- Permission to use the Buy with Confidence Trading Standards Approved logo and wording on your stationery, websites and vehicles.
- Ongoing support and advice from qualified Trading Standards personnel.
- Membership of a scheme supported and promoted by over 50 Trading Standards services and local authorities.
- Benefit from the growing profile of a national reputable trader scheme.
- Help and mediation from Trading Standards professionals during customer disputes.