1 How to join
The Buy With Confidence (BWC) scheme is open to any business with premises within the area covered by West Sussex County Council.Apply online to join the BWC scheme: (external link)
- To join the Buy With Confidence scheme, businesses must commit to complying with the conditions detailed in the BWC 'Terms and Conditions'.
- You will need to send us a copy of your company's contractual terms and any sales literature (such as brochures) that you produce or use.
- If your company trades by distance-selling means (such as by phone, mail order or internet), any different terms of business and any warranty or guarantee must be provided with the completed application.
2 Annual membership fees
There is a one-off application fee to join the scheme, and then annual membership fees, which vary depending on the size of your business.
Current fees are available on the Buy With Confidence website.
3 Other costs
Applicants (and any employees who work in customers' homes) will also have to pay for a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. This currently costs £25.00.
Further information can be found on the Buy With Confidence website.
4 Benefits for businesses
- Promotion and publicity - includes photo shoots organised by Trading Standards to help promote your business and an entry on the Buy With Confidence website where customers can leave feedback on your business.
- Independent recognition of your business standards.
- A certificate of membership and the availability to use the BWC logo on your on premises, vehicles and advertising.
- Pre-entry vetting to ensure the credibility of the scheme and that high standards are maintained.
- Your company's name on a list of approved businesses that the County Council publish for the use of consumers.
- Increased consumer confidence and reduced complaints.