The online provider portal is available for early years and childcare providers to submit data and funding claims.
The following tasks are for all providers, and are always open on the portal:
- Provider update (all providers, required termly).
- Sufficiency update (all providers, required termly).
- Staff changes (all providers, when required).
Free entitlement providers
The following tasks are for free entitlement providers only. Refer to the relevant task to find out submission dates, and payment dates, if applicable. You can only submit data and claims when the portal is open. We remind you of these dates via our Setting Update broadcast emails – if you don’t receive these, or you miss a submission, email us.
Estimate (termly, optional)
- Autumn 2022 - Portal now closed.
- Spring 2023 - Portal open 9-25 November 2022. Payment expected week commencing 5 December 2022.
See Free entitlement estimate and actuals for more estimates information and help guides.
This includes Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) and Disability Access Fund (DAF).
- Autumn 2022 - Portal open 31 August-23 September 2022. Headcount day 15 September 2022. Payment expected week commencing 17 October 2022.
- Spring 2023 - Portal open 4-27 January 2023. Headcount day 19 January 2023. Payment expected week commencing 20 February 2023.
See Free entitlement estimate and actuals for more actuals information and help guides.
Early Years Census (annual)
- 2023 - Portal open 3-26 January 2023. Mandatory for free entitlement providers with funded children in spring term.
See Annual early years census for more information and help guides.
Provider declaration (annual)
- 2023 - Portal open March 2023 (dates TBC). Mandatory for existing free entitlement providers to continue in the scheme.
See Annual free entitlement provider declaration more information and help guides.
Extended free entitlement (30-hr) ad hoc eligibility check
An instant check of eligibility for extended free entitlement is always available via the portal.
See Extended free entitlement (30-hour) ad hoc eligibility check for more information and help guides.