The National Planning Policy Framework requires that minerals planning authorities plan for a steady and adequate supply of aggregates by preparing an annual Local Aggregate Assessment (LAA).
The Local Aggregate Assessments for West Sussex are produced jointly with the South Downs National Park Authority. They set out:
- information about the sales and reserves of quarries within West Sussex
- the need for aggregates, based on the average sales from the last 10 years and other relevant local information.
The latest LAA takes into account information about aggregate sales from 2021. The information is used to monitor the Joint Minerals Local Plan.
- Local Aggregate Assessment 2021 - January 2023 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Local Aggregate Assessment 2020 - April 2022 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Local Aggregate Assessment 2019 (dashboard) - May 2021 (PDF, 180KB)
- Local Aggregate Assessment 2018 - May 2020 (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Local Aggregate Assessment 2017 - January 2019 (PDF, 1.2MB)