The Arun Growth Deal sets out a joint commitment between Arun District Council and West Sussex County Council to align priorities and resources, in both the public and private sectors.
Our aim is to deliver sustainable economic growth and unlock opportunities for new homes, infrastructure, employment floor space - preserving and creating new jobs, and rejuvenated town centres.
Arun District presents a significant economic growth opportunity in coastal West Sussex, particularly at Bognor Regis and Littlehampton.
This priority focuses on driving forward regeneration and economic growth and includes the following projects:
- Regis Centre - Drive forward the regeneration and redevelopment of this key seafront site.
- Hothamton Car Park - Deliver a new linear park and commercial and residential development at this strategic location in the town.
- Enterprise Bognor Regis - This 70 hectare strategic employment site, north of the town, offers significant development opportunities and has the potential to provide space for businesses to relocate and expand with up to 4000 jobs.
This priority focuses on development and regeneration with resources prioritised toward the following key areas:
- Town centre and seafront - Public realm improvements and regeneration of the town centre and seafront regeneration initiatives.
- Fitzalan/Maltravers Road and East Street - Optimising the publically owned sites and buildings in Littlehampton with a focus on assets in this location.
- West Bank development - A strategic development site which has the potential to deliver 1000 new homes and new flood defences.
- River Arun Cycleway - The delivery of a leisure orientated cycleway along the river bank between Arundel and Littlehampton.
This priority focuses on delivering key infrastructure projects across the district and supporting delivery of strategic housing sites in the following key areas:
- Local Plan Delivery - Work in partnership to support the Local Plan delivery of strategic development sites.
- A284/A259 - Ensuring road improvements are delivered as early as possible to support the delivery of homes identified in the Local Plan.
- A29 - Ensuring road improvements are delivered as early as possible to support the delivery of 3,000 homes identified in the Local Plan.
- Arundel Bypass - Both councils will work collectively to secure the earliest possible delivery of the bypass or solutions that benefit the community.