The Lifelong Services occupational therapy (OT) team supports children with long-term disabilities.
The team comprises of OTs and OT assistants who work with the child, parents and carers to identify how to support a child’s independence in their own home or their home within a residential placement. This is achieved by looking at what children can achieve and providing advice, equipment and/or home adaptations to remove the barriers to independent living.
How to make a referral
For new referrals:
- To support us to understand your child, their strengths and barriers to independent living, please complete our online Children's occupational therapy referral form
- If you require support to complete the Children's OT referral form, phone: 01403 229900
For children already known to the occupational therapy team but not currently being supported with an OT/assistant, please contact the duty occupational therapist:
Other services that are provided elsewhere
- Wheelchair/buggy assessments should be made to the NHS Wheelchair and Seating Service.
- Walking equipment (frames, sticks, walking harnesses) and corner seats to facilitate therapeutic long sitting should be made to the Physiotherapy Services based in local NHS Child Development Centres.
- Car seats and equipment for holidays - a list of private occupational therapists is available from the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.