Last updated:
13 February 2018

Share this

Advocacy for children and young people

The West Sussex Advocacy Service provides advice and support to children and young people.

Old content:

An advocate is an independent person who can offer one-to-one support to children and young people. Advocates can speak for the young person, give advice, make them aware of their rights, listen to them and represent their views, wishes and feelings. Their aim is to empower a young person by supporting them to have their say.

A child or young person can get the assistance of an advocate if they: 

  • are in care
  • are a care leaver
  • have a disability and receive help from a social worker
  • are going to a child protection conference
  • want to make a complaint about West Sussex Children’s Services.

If you are a young person who would like to request advocacy or a professional wanting to refer a young person for advocacy you can complete our online form

You can find out more about advocacy on Your Space, our site for young people.


Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know how we're doing. We're constantly trying to improve this website. Your feedback is very important to us. You can simply add a star rating to indicate how useful you found this page. If you have more specific feedback use the form below.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.