Advisory lorry routes are strategic and local roads recommended for use by lorries and heavy goods vehicles in West Sussex. Most are dual carriageways or modern single carriage ways.View advisory lorry routes and services map for West Sussex (PDF, 71KB),
Please note: the A259 Bognor Regis relief road and A272 Haywards Heath relief road are not currently shown on this map. These now form part of the West Sussex advisory lorry route network and replace the former routes through these towns.
The map is part of the freight strategy element of our Transport Plan.
The key aspects of our approach to freight management are to:
- maintain and promote a lorry route network for main lorry movements
- provide real-time traffic information to support efficient freight movement
- support major improvement on key lorry routes such as the A27 to reduce rat running, when funding is available to deliver them
- deliver and protect small-scale freight infrastructure to assist hauliers and businesses and support freight movement by sustainable modes, where practical
- identify and assess lorry routes for construction traffic and sites that require high levels of HGV movements.
If you have any queries about advisory lorry routes or our freight strategy, please contact us.