When deciding where to cycle in West Sussex you can use the following resources:
- The Cycle Journey Planner will show you the best way to get around the county and beyond on 2 wheels. You can choose a fast route, a quiet route, or a balance of both. A mobile app is also available for your smartphone.
- The route maps below.
- Links to other websites with local cycling information and maps.
In addition, the West Sussex Walking and Cycling Strategy 2016-2026 contains a list of over 300 potential new routes suggested by local community groups and organisations.
- Centurion Way Railway Path - Westgate, Chichester to West Dean.
- Downs Link - Linking the North Downs Way at St Martha's Hill, Surrey with the South Downs Way near Steyning.
- Saltern's Way - Chichester to West Wittering.
- South Downs Way - A linear route of 101 miles cutting across the South Downs through West Sussex, from Winchester in Hampshire to Eastbourne in East Sussex. Further information is available on the South Downs National Park Authority website.
- Worth Way - A 7-mile shared-use route, from Three Bridges to East Grinstead. It passes through the open countryside of the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Other cycling information by area
- Adur and Worthing councils
- Avenue Verte - The London to Paris cycle route that passes through parts of West Sussex.
- Chichester District Council
- Crawley Borough Council
- East Sussex County Council
- Hampshire County Council
- Horsham District Council
- Mid Sussex District Council
- Selsey Cycle Network
- South Downs National Park Authority
- Steyning, Bramber and Upper Beeding
- Surrey County Council
- Sustrans - Local, regional and national cycle route information.