- Accountable to: Day Centre Manager
- Grade: Unpaid
The purpose of this role is to encourage and stimulate people; through the provision of outcome based care that promotes independence, community engagement, enabling them to develop and/or maintain daily living skills and to attend to their physical, social, mental and emotional needs, ensuring comfort, safety and wellbeing.
To support an activity such as:
- computers skills (including Zoom chat rooms)
- sports or general life
- work skills.
- No lone working or personal care - you will always be supporting a member of staff in any activity.
- Be a good communicator.
- Ability to adapt communication to the needs of the individual.
- Ability to motivate and act as a role model.
- To understand the needs of other people.
- Recognise own value base.
- Respect other people’s diversity.
Details of duties
- To provide a group activity to customers who attend the Day centre.
- To ensure that the activity is carried out as planned.
- To ensure the health and safety of the customer at all times and to report any concerns to the duty manager.
- To ensure that the customer is treated with respect and dignity at all times.
- To maintain the confidentiality of customers at all times.
- To safeguard vulnerable adults at all times.
- To undertake mandatory training and other training as required.
- Working in a group.
- Being customer focused.
- Ability to work with individuals.