Do you want to make a difference? Do you have the talent to inspire others? Come and join us and encourage the residents of West Sussex to think more widely about reducing, reusing and recycling waste!
As a Waste prevention volunteer, you’ll engage with a diverse range of people, demonstrating genuine commitment to protecting the environment with regards to waste prevention.
Currently we are not recruiting. If you are interested and would like to be contacted when recruitment resumes, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
You can apply using our online form.Apply online
This rewarding opportunity involves:
- Working with the Waste Prevention Team to deliver initiatives across the county
- Assisting at local events, fairs, festivals, promotions as well as analysing data (if computers are your thing!)
- Speaking to members of the public about waste prevention initiatives
- Taking on the challenge of becoming a Master Composter and sharing your skills and knowledge
- Educating school children by delivering the ‘Wastebuster’ programme and becoming a Recycling Champion to raise awareness of the benefits of recycling (a great addition to your CV!).
Commitment and training
Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 2 hours each month, as well as attending an initial formal induction session as well as ongoing training relevant to the role (roughly twice a year).
Training is primarily delivered via an online e-learning programme, alongside site visits and some face-to-face classroom sessions. All training is completely free and will be delivered in a flexible, easily accessible format.