You can subscribe to a garden waste collection from your local district or borough council or take this waste to your local household waste recycling site (HWRS).
Which home bin
- Home composter, if you have one.
- Garden waste bin, if you subscribe to a garden waste collection service.
Which HWRS container
- Use the green waste container for most garden waste.
- Very large branches, tree stumps and logs need to be placed into the wood bins.
Which HWRS accepts this waste
All our household waste recycling sites accept green waste.
You cannot dispose of Japanese knotweed at a HWRS. See Japanese knotweed.
Ask on-site staff for help if required.
You could also...
- subscribe to a garden waste collection service.
- invest in a home composting bin. We offer discounted rates on compost bins.