West Sussex Local Access Forum (WSLAF) is an independent official body which covers the whole of the county, with the exception of the South Downs National Park which has its own Local Access Forum.
What does WSLAF do?
- Advises on improving public access to land for informal public recreation.
- Encourages the enjoyment and understanding of the countryside.
- Considers the needs and concerns of land managers, tenants and owners.
- Promotes the enhancement and conservation of the natural environment.
- Works with the County Council to develop, protect and improve the rights of way network.
- Broadens access to the rights of way network for everyone.
You can find more information on the role of Local Access Forums on GOV.UK.
2 Become a member
We have a maximum of 22 members, all volunteers, who represent a broad range of interests and views relating to the countryside. If you are interested in becoming a member please contact us.
3 Meeting dates
The Forum meets four times a year, usually on Wednesdays between 10.30am-1.00pm, alternating between Chichester and Horsham.
Meetings are open to the public, but if you would like to attend or speak at a meeting you will need to contact the Forum Officer beforehand.
Next scheduled meetings
- Wednesday 31 January 2018 - Chichester (venue change)
4 Agendas and minutes
- Agenda (PDF, 91KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 190KB)
- Item 5 - WSCC Rights of Way annual report (PDF, 101KB)
- Item 12 - General report (PDF, 121KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 93KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 159KB)
- WSCC RoWIP presentation (PDF, 905KB)
- Item 9 - General report (PDF, 85KB)
20 July (meeting was cancelled)
- Agenda (PDF, 98KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 135KB)
- Item 5 - WSCC Rights of Way annual report (PDF, 112KB)
- Item 11 - General report (PDF, 106KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 97KB)
- Minutes (PDF, 181KB)
- Item6a - WSCC Rights of Way annual review (PDF, 114KB)
- Item 10 - General report (PDF, 137KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 99KB)
- Minutes (PDF, 192KB)
- Item5b - WSCC Rights of Way prioritisation criteria (PDF, 146KB)
- Item 10 - General report (PDF, 290KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 97KB)
- Minutes (PDF, 196KB)
- Item 6b - WSCC PROW annual report (PDF, 111KB)
- Item 11 - General report (PDF, 116KB)
5 Contact the Forum
6 Annual reports and advice
- WSLAF 3-year rolling work programme February 2014/February 2017 (PDF, 25KB)
- WSLAF Annual report 2015/17 (PDF, 723KB)
- WSLAF Annual report 2014/15 (PDF, 641KB)
- WSLAF Annual report 2013/14 (PDF, 381KB)
Consultations and advice
- England Coast Path-East Head to Shoreham – Natural England (PDF, 348KB)
- A27 Arundel bypass - Highways England (PDF, 175KB)
- A27 crossing, Monks Farm (AWDM/0961/17) - Adur District Council (PDF, 163KB)
- Railway crossing, Angmering (A4417OUT) - Arun District Council (PDF, 32KB)
- Chichester Local Plan Review 2034 - Chichester District Council (PDF, 129KB)
- Draft West Sussex Joint Minerals Plan - West Sussex County Council and South Downs National Park Authority (PDF, 136KB)
- Draft Walking and Cycling Strategy - West Sussex County Council (PDF, 125KB)
- Bridleway 3727 - West Sussex County Council (April 2016) (PDF, 147KB)
- Site allocation preferred approach - Chichester District Council (February 2016) (PDF, 222KB)
- Proposed amendments to allocation at Monks Farm - Adur District Council (January 2016) (PDF, 156KB)
- Thakeham Neighbourhood Plan Consultation (December 2015) (PDF, 88KB)
- South Downs Local Plan Consultation (October 2015) (PDF, 99KB)
- Former Eastbrook Allotments Draft Development Brief Consultation (January 2015) (PDF, 149KB)
- Cycling delivery plan - Department for Transport (November 2014) (PDF, 130KB)
- Dog walking advice (September 2014) (PDF, 117KB)
- Footpath 1633 - Stopping up Order - Horsham District Council (August 2014) (PDF, 186KB)
- Minerals and Waste Local Plan - West Sussex County Council (July 2014) (PDF, 126KB)
- Gatwick Airport - Runway options consultation (May 2014) (PDF, 125KB)
- Development west of Worthing Road, Southwater - Planning application DC/14/0590 (May 2014) (PDF, 127KB)
- South Downs National Park local plan options (April 2014) (PDF, 137KB)
- Sharing towpaths - Canal and River Trust (April 2014) (PDF, 134KB)
- Influencing the future of Forestry; Developing stakeholder engagement - Forestry Commission (PDF, 161KB)
- Local Sustainability Transport Fund Bid Support - Hampshire County Council (PDF, 116KB)
- Downs Link Crossing of A283 - WSCC (February 2014) (PDF, 111KB)
- West Sussex Strategic Transport Investment Programme Scheme - Long List Engagement - WSCC (February 2014) (PDF, 96KB)
- Access for all route - Bramber (February 2014) (PDF, 112KB)
- Subway at Shoreham-by-Sea Station - Southern Rail (February 2014) (PDF, 109KB)