West Sussex Local Access Forum (WSLAF) is an independent official body which covers the whole of the county, with the exception of the South Downs National Park which has its own Local Access Forum.
What does WSLAF do?
- Advises on improving public access to land for informal public recreation.
- Encourages the enjoyment and understanding of the countryside.
- Considers the needs and concerns of land managers, tenants and owners.
- Promotes the enhancement and conservation of the natural environment.
- Works with the County Council to develop, protect and improve the rights of way network.
- Broadens access to the rights of way network for everyone.
You can find more information on the role of Local Access Forums on GOV.UK.
2 Become a member
We have a maximum of 22 members, all volunteers, who represent a broad range of interests and views relating to the countryside. If you are interested in becoming a member please contact us.
3 Meeting dates
The Forum meets formally twice a year, usually on Wednesdays between 10.30am-1.00pm, alternating between Chichester and Horsham. In between these meetings, members may meet informally to progress the work of the Forum.
Formal meetings are open to the public, but if you would like to attend or speak at a meeting you will need to contact the Forum Officer beforehand.
Scheduled formal meetings for 2019
- Wednesday 24 April 2019 (AGM) - Chichester
- Wednesday 23 October 2019 - Horsham
4 Agendas and minutes
- Agenda (PDF, 96KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 140KB)
- Item 6 - WSCC Rights of Way annual report (PDF, 89KB)
- Item 12 - General report (PDF, 98KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 170KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 170KB)
- Item 6 - Planning presentation (PDF, 340KB)
- Item 13 - General report (PDF, 282KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 91KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 190KB)
- Item 5 - WSCC Rights of Way annual report (PDF, 101KB)
- Item 12 - General report (PDF, 121KB)
- Agenda (PDF, 93KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 159KB)
- WSCC RoWIP presentation (PDF, 905KB)
- Item 9 - General report (PDF, 85KB)
20 July (meeting was cancelled)
- Agenda (PDF, 98KB)
- Confirmed minutes (PDF, 135KB)
- Item 5 - WSCC Rights of Way annual report (PDF, 112KB)
- Item 11 - General report (PDF, 106KB)
5 Contact the Forum
6 Annual reports and advice
- WSLAF 3-year rolling work programme February 2014/February 2017 (PDF, 25KB)
- WSLAF Annual report 2015/17 (PDF, 723KB)
- WSLAF Annual report 2014/15 (PDF, 641KB)
Consultations and advice
- Southwater Neighbourhood Plan - Southwater Parish Council (PDF, 567KB)
- A2300 improvements - WSCC (PDF, 10KB)
- Chichester Harbour Management Plan 2019-2024 - Chichester Harbour Conservancy - response has been submitted via on-line form
- Mid-Sussex Open Space and Play Study - Mid-Sussex District Council - response has been submitted via on-line form
- 2018 Strategic Transport Investment Programme (STIP) scheme suggestions - WSCC (PDF, 132KB)
- Amended plans: AWDM/0961/17, West of New Monks Farm - Adur and Worthing District Councils (PDF, 183KB)
- Response to revised planning application, West of New Monks Farm (PDF, 231KB)
- Health and Harmony (Farming post Brexit) - Defra (PDF, 232KB)
- A27 Crossings - WSP (PDF, 244KB)
- Horsham Local Plan Review - issues and options: employment, tourism and sustainable rural development – Horsham District Council (PDF, 244KB)
- National Planning Policy Framework – Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (PDF, 185KB)
- Rosier Wood Management Plan (PDF, 121KB)
- Heath Common Design Statement – Horsham District Council (PDF, 122KB)
- Main Modifications to the Arun Local Plan (2011-2031) – Arun District Council (PDF, 248KB)
- Planning application: AWDM/0961/17, West of New Monks Farm - Adur District Council (PDF, 210KB)
- Arun Local Plan (2011-2031) Modifications - Arun District Council (PDF, 248KB)
- England Coast Path-East Head to Shoreham – Natural England (PDF, 348KB)
- A27 Arundel bypass - Highways England (PDF, 175KB)
- A27 crossing, Monks Farm (AWDM/0961/17) - Adur District Council (PDF, 163KB)
- Railway crossing, Angmering (A4417OUT) - Arun District Council (PDF, 32KB)
- Chichester Local Plan Review 2034 - Chichester District Council (PDF, 129KB)
- Draft West Sussex Joint Minerals Plan - West Sussex County Council and South Downs National Park Authority (PDF, 136KB)
- Draft Walking and Cycling Strategy - West Sussex County Council (PDF, 125KB)
- Bridleway 3727 - West Sussex County Council (April 2016) (PDF, 147KB)
- Site allocation preferred approach - Chichester District Council (February 2016) (PDF, 222KB)
- Proposed amendments to allocation at Monks Farm - Adur District Council (January 2016) (PDF, 156KB)