Fire extinguishers are a requirement in all commercial premises under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) order 2005, Section 13, to protect people in the event of fire.
Fires are identified using a classification system and it is important to use the correct fire extinguisher to tackle each different type of fire.
Using our qualified and experienced engineers we can provide a full range of services:
- annual testing, periodical discharge testing, sales of new fire extinguishers and stock management
- ensuring that the fire extinguishers provided are appropriate for the risk
- advising on the most appropriate positioning of your fire equipment
- relocating and fitting any equipment that has been moved
- advising on the most appropriate fire equipment when new machinery or processes are introduced or the risk level changes
- highlighting any signs of damage and advise on appropriate solutions
- providing advice and guidance relating to BS 5306 part 8.
We offer a full fire extinguisher rental service for all types of events and temporary structures. We will advise on the most appropriate types of extinguisher and the quantity required.
Fire extinguishers must be serviced annually by a competent and qualified engineer. West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service is able to complete the fire extinguisher service on your behalf. Contact us for further information and to book a service.
It is vital that your members of staff are trained in the safe use of fire extinguishers before they are asked to use one. We offer a full range of fire extinguisher training courses for all types of businesses.