Your ultimate hub for teen life, from work to play and making an impact!

Housing support for people over 18

Information on where and how to get support with homelessness if you are 18 or over.

If you are over 18 and are homeless, or are going to be within the next 28 days, contact your local council and tell them that you need to register as being homeless. The help you will receive will depend on your circumstances. 

Visit the Shelter website for information on how a council decides if you are eligible for help.

Hostel accommodation

If it is decided you are not in priority need you can try to access a hostel. There are three hostels in West Sussex:

The hostels offer a hot meal, information and advice. If they are not full they may also be able to offer you somewhere to sleep.

You can also access support from MyKey (West Sussex) who offer advice if you are homeless or at risk of losing your accommodation. 

Other sites that might be useful

Last updated:
24 June 2024
Share this