Your child’s body grows better when you give your child good food. Your child’s brain develops better when you do the following five key things every day with them - five to thrive:
What happens to your baby shapes their brain, and the most important thing that happens to your baby is you!
Baby brain facts
- In the first year of life, your baby's brain doubles in size.
- By their first birthday, their brain is two thirds the size of an adult brain.
- In the first three years of life, their brain is growing and changing faster than it ever will again.
If you're interested in finding out more about 'Five to Thrive', including being taught the technique, please visit your local Children and Family Centre.
- Five to thrive one page profile (PDF, 120KB)
- Five to thrive parenting journal (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Five to thrive observing practice (PDF, 66KB)
- Five to thrive maternity inserts (PDF, 351KB)
- Five to thrive - Why people need people (PDF, 82KB)
- Five to thrive case study (PDF, 69KB)
- Five to thrive posters (PDF, 6.6MB)
- Five to thrive master poster (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Five to thrive drop cards (PDF, 1.8MB)
- Five to thrive block templates 60mm (PDF, 70KB)
- Five to thrive block templates 89mm (PDF, 89KB)
- Five to thrive blocks image (JPG, 859KB)