How to book your citizenship ceremony.
About citizenship ceremonies
The ceremony is the final step to becoming a British citizen. It is a way of formally welcoming you into your community, as well as becoming a new British citizen.
The ceremony is a legal requirement if your application to become a British citizen has been accepted and you are over 18.
You will receive an email from the Home Office confirming that your application has been successful and inviting you to book your ceremony.
What you need to do
Wait for one week after receiving your email from the Home Office before you contact us. This will make sure we have received your naturalisation certificate from the Home Office. We cannot book your ceremony until we have received the certificate.
You must attend a ceremony within three months of receiving your email.
We carry out small group ceremonies at our Crawley office.
There is no charge for the ceremony as it is included in the fee paid for your British Citizenship Application.
You can bring up to two guests with you to the ceremony.
If you are unable to attend any of the offered dates within the three month limit, or your circumstances mean that you cannot join a group ceremony, we will try to meet your needs.
Individual ceremonies are:
- subject to a fee
- only available in Crawley
- subject to availability.
Fees for individual ceremonies
- Single citizen - £125
- Family group - £163
- Single citizen - £141
- Family group - £175
On the day of your ceremony
When you attend your ceremony you must take:
- your invitation from the Home Office, either printed or displayed on your phone or another device
- a form of photographic identification, such as your passport or driving licence.
At the ceremony you will need to make either:
- an oath of allegiance
- an affirmation or pledge of allegiance.
Guidance notes, including information about the differences between the oath, affirmation and pledge, are available on GOV.UK.
Book your ceremony
When you book your ceremony you will need to confirm:
- whether you want to take the oath, affirmation or pledge
- whether you are bringing any children who are not part of your application to the ceremony
- whether either you, or any of your guests, require disabled access
- whether you or any of your guests have any other special requirements
- whether you require a group or individual ceremony.
To request a ceremony:Complete our online booking form (external link)
Once you have submitted the form, we will contact you to book an appropriate ceremony.