Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to:
- ask us to rectify information we hold about you
- object to the way we process your information.
Following the introduction of the European General Data Protection Regulation on 25 May 2018 you now also have the following rights:
- To ask us to remove data we hold about you or limit our use of it - this right is not absolute and we may not be able to comply with your request unless the following specific circumstances apply:
- Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected and processed.
- You withdraw consent we have relied upon.
- You object to the processing of your information and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- Your personal data was unlawfully processed.
- Your personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
- To data portability - the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services only applies where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract, and when processing is carried out by automated means.
- Not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling - this right only applies where the decision is based on automated processing and it produces a legal effect or has a similarly significant effect on you.
You can find out more about your rights on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
2 Make a request
You can make a request to:
- rectify an inaccurate record
- erase a record or to restrict processing
- object to processing
- request portable data
- cease automated decision-making and/or profiling (not currently undertaken by WSCC).
To make your request, complete our online form.Data protection rights request online form
3 Time frame for completing requests
We will acknowledge receipt of your completed application form in writing, and ask for any further information we need to enable us to process your request.
Your request will be completed without undue delay.
In the case of rectification and data portability delay your request will be completed within one month of receipt. If we need to extend the period of compliance by up to a further two months, because your request is complex or numerous, we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
If we decide that it is not appropriate to comply with your request we will explain why.
There is no fee payable.
5 Accessibility requests
Please let us know if there are any changes we can make to enable you to receive information from us or to contact us.