The Arun Growth Deal is a joint commitment between Arun District Council (Arun DC) and West Sussex County Council (WSCC). The councils work together to decide priorities for the area. Resources for improvements come from both public and private sectors.
Our aim is to deliver sustainable economic growth in the area. We want to make opportunities for new homes, infrastructure and employment. This will preserve existing employment and create new jobs.
Arun District offers a significant economic growth opportunity for coastal West Sussex. Focus for rejuvenation will be on the towns of Bognor Regis and Littlehampton.
Seafront improvements and development of leisure facilities are priorities for Bognor Regis.
WSCC, Arun DC, University of Chichester and other partners are working together to promote an attractive, modern image of the town.
There are plans for a business park to the north of Bognor Regis. This will provide space for new businesses. It will also allow existing businesses room to grow or space for relocation.
The Growth Deal also focuses on the town centre and key sites near Littlehampton.
WSCC and Arun DC will work together with partners to enhance the public space. There are plans to improve the route between the station and town centre. Initiatives are also planned for the seafront.
A new cycleway connecting Littlehampton and Arundel is being considered. This would give a sustainable transport route between the towns. It would be a new, healthy way for locals and visitors to enjoy the beautiful West Sussex countryside.
This priority focuses on delivering key infrastructure projects across the district to support local strategic development sites:
- Local Plan Delivery – WSCC, Arun DC and Coast2Capital (Local Enterprise Partnership) working together to upgrade the transport network. This will support the delivery of new homes and business sites.
- A284/Lyminster Road – supporting the delivery of new homes through the construction of a new bypass.
- A259 – Upgrading single lanes to dual carriageway with foot and cycle paths.
- A29 – Highway improvements via realignment of the road. This will connect residential sites.
- A27 Arundel bypass – WSCC and Arun DC are working with Highways England to quickly deliver local improvements and the bypass.