Complain about a councillor's conduct

What to do if you are unhappy with a councillor's behaviour.

The rules which apply to the conduct of elected members of the County Council are set out in the Code of Conduct in the County Council’s Constitution.

If you feel that these rules have been breached please contact the County Council’s monitoring officer, Tony Kershaw, Director of Law and Assurance.

Complaints about conduct which may amount to a breach of the Code of Conduct are referred to the Standards Committee for a decision about what action should be taken.

The procedure and guidance relied on by the Standards Committee are set out in Part 3, Appendix 6, of the County Council’s Constitution.

Last updated:
26 March 2020
Share this
Share this

Do you have any feedback about this page?

Help us improve this website

Let us know if this page was helpful so we can make improvements. Add a star rating and leave your feedback below to show how useful you found this page.

Rate this page:
Clear star rating...
  • West Sussex County Council will only use this email address to respond to any issues raised.