As from 20 May 2018, new timetables will be introduced at Southern, Gatwick Express, Thameslink and Great Northern. This means that many passengers who use these services may be affected, as their usual journey time or pattern is likely to change.
It is necessary to help increase capacity and improve reliability on the busiest part of the UK rail network.Check your new timetable. (external link)
For all UK train times and fares, news of service alterations and how to get live train times on the move contact National Rail Enquiries:
Check which taxi services are available at rail stations across Great Britain with TrainTaxi.
Local rail operators
- Great Western Railway
- Gatwick Express
- South Eastern
- South Western Railway
- Thameslink Railway - The Thameslink Programme website gives information about the scheme to improve train travel across London, and advises of changes to rail services associated with the works.
Other rail information
- Rail Delivery Group
- Association of Community Rail Partnerships (ACoRP)
- Cycling by train
- Network Rail
- Office of Rail and Road
- Transport Focus
- Sussex Community Rail Partnership
- Arun Valley Line map and guide
- London and South East Rail network map
- Uckfield and East Grinstead Lines map and guide
GTR 2018 timetable consultations
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) has been consulting on the 2018 timetable which will be implemented following the completion of the Thameslink Programme. Our responses to the phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3 consultations are available below.
- Phase 1 GTR 2018 timetable consultation WSCC response (PDF, 96KB)
- Phase 2 GTR 2018 timetable consultation WSCC response (PDF, 21KB)
- Phase 3 GTR 2018 timetable consultation (weekends and late night trains) WSCC response (PDF, 51KB)
Find further information about the proposed timetable changes.
Other rail consultation responses
The County Council responses to the Department for Transport (DfT) Community Rail and Great Western Rail Franchise consultations are available below.