For all UK train times and fares, news of service alterations, planned line closures and how to get live train times on the move contact National Rail Enquiries:
There are planned closures of the Brighton main line during Spring half term (16-24 February 2019) and over a number of weekends during Spring 2019. Details can be found on the Brighton main line improvement project website.
Check which taxi services are available at rail stations across Great Britain with TrainTaxi.
If you are disabled or have difficulty travelling, the Southern website gives information about assisted travel on trains and at stations.
Local rail operators
- Great Western Railway
- Gatwick Express
- South Eastern
- South Western Railway
- Thameslink Railway - The Thameslink Programme website gives information about the scheme to improve train travel across London, and advises of changes to rail services associated with the works.
Other rail information
- Rail Delivery Group
- Association of Community Rail Partnerships (ACoRP)
- Cycling by train
- Network Rail
- Office of Rail and Road
- Transport Focus
- Sussex Community Rail Partnership
- Arun Valley Line map and guide
- London and South East Rail network map
- Uckfield and East Grinstead Lines map and guide
GTR 2018 timetable consultations
Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) has been consulting on the 2018 timetable which will be implemented following the completion of the Thameslink Programme. Our responses to the Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3 consultations are available below.
- Phase 1 GTR 2018 timetable consultation WSCC response (PDF, 96KB)
- Phase 2 GTR 2018 timetable consultation WSCC response (PDF, 21KB)
- Phase 3 GTR 2018 timetable consultation (weekends and late night trains) WSCC response (PDF, 51KB)
Find further information about the proposed timetable changes.
Other rail consultation responses
The County Council responses to the Department for Transport (DfT) Community Rail, Great Western Rail Franchise and Network Rail unblocking the Croydon bottleneck consultations are available below.